Greetings fellow readers! I'm very excited about this post because it is about the Liebster Blog Award, for which I was nominated by Marine from thegloryby.com. I am so grateful and honored to be nominated and to have the chance to nominate 11 other bloggers like me that have 200 followers or less. Before telling you which blogs I chose, as part of the rules I have to list 11 facts about myself and answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated me asked. Here it goes:
11 Facts about me:
1. I love 80's music and movies.
2. I have three dogs and a cat: Tiny the chihuahua, Cinnamon the sort of shih tzu, Obie the real shih tzu, and Perla the cat.
3. I have like 10 notebooks filled with old poems and lyrics I wrote when I was younger.
4. I know every line in Mean Girls.
5. I love sitcoms like Fresh Prince, F.R.I.E.N.D.S., Seinfeld, That's 70's Show, and The Big Bang Theory.
6. I think I'm good at faking accents like British, Southern, Ghetto, New York, Snobby airhead (yes I consider that like a totally real accent) and others.
7. I cannot live without chocolate or coffee!
8. I love shopping and being the stylist for my friends.
9. I hate dentists ( I had braces for like 5 or 6 years, it was a mess)
10. I have like 30 pairs of shoes and hope to keep the collection growing
11. I wish I had the Pretty Little Liars Closet or Carrie Bradshaw's (or both!)
( I don't think 11 facts are enough so you'll see in these pictures the ones I mentioned and a little more)
Questions from thegloryby:
1- From where comes the name of your blog ?
It took me a while to choose the name for my blog, I knew I wanted it to be about fashion or style, but something original. I remembered a quote from Lady Gaga: "Now I'm just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time." I felt so identified with it that I took the word sequin as symbol meaning, not just the ornament used in fashion, but also a way of viewing life. So Sequin Vision was born and after saying many times I liked the way it sounded and stuck to it.
2- If you have to save one thing from your closet, what would it be ?
It's not very practical, but I would save my prom dress, which is red with a mermaid silhouette and an intricate rhinestone design that covers the back. It was one of kind from a boutique called Kation.
3- Who is your favorite designer ?
I love Marc Jacobs, I think his work in Louis Vuitton completely transformed the brand and I like the edginess of his designs.
4- What's your favorite blog?
The Blonde Salad is definitely my must see blog, Chiara Ferragni's style inspires me all the time and the way she writes is always entertaining.
5- If you have the opportunity to work in the world of fashion, which job would you choose ?
Even though I consider myself a creative person, I think I would rather put that creativeness on the business side of fashion, working as a market director, or even as a fashion editor.
6- You can choose one cloth or pair shoes that exist in the world, which one would it be ?
Definitely a pair of Louboutins, maybe a classic style like nude pointy toe pumps.
7- What is the best tip about make-up or beauty somebody gave to you ?
The best tip I think would be the one I use no matter what kind of makeup I put on, which is you can highlight and contour with a shimmery white shadow to make the eyebrows looked arched and eyes much bigger. Beauty tips on braiding hair are another that I like to search, especially on Pinterest.
8- What's your favorite cooking recipe ?
I would have to say that risotto is a great recipe and there are so many types, but my favorite is mushroom, yum!
9- What got you into blogging ?
I've been a dedicated magazine reader, but these magazines were not just exposing pieces by fashion journalists and editors, they were also showcasing bloggers. It got me into searching more about fashion through the internet and that's how I found Lookbook.nu and Bloglovin' where there was a whole community of fashion bloggers. So I started following blogs like The Blonde Salad. I also had to write a blog a couple of times for school work and I realized "Hey I'm pretty good at this, why not try writing about what interests me most, which is fashion."
10- What's your objective for the next years ?
Most definitely I want to reach more than a 1,000 followers, but I mainly write my blog to express myself and hopefully inspire others to find their own style. Also I want to learn all I can about fashion, whether it's on my own like now or obtaining experience as an intern or in a continued education. This blog will be part of all that experience and hopefully others will like to share it with me.
11- What's the part you really enjoy about writing a blog ?
The part I enjoy most is the satisfaction of seeing that new post you've spent hours editing being published (like this one), and apart from that getting responses from readers asking for advice or tutorials because that is one of the greatest benefits of blog reading: learning.
Now the blogs I nominated (drum roll please!):
And the questions for these fellow bloggers are:
1. How would you describe your style?
2. What are your favorite places to shop?
3. Why did you start a blog?
4. Who are your style icons?
5. If your closet caught fire what would you try to save?
6. Who is your favorite blogger?
7. What is your favorite season and why?
8. What interests you most about fashion?
9. What goals do you have for your blog?
10. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
11. With who or what brand would you like to work with on your blog?